Monday, August 17, 2009

More Fun in May 2009

I got 'comp' tickets to see Leonard Cohen at Merriweather Post, and it turned out to be an amazing and unusual event. Somehow, at 70, Cohen puts such passion and intensity into his gravelly, barely on-key voice, fueled by the incredible poetry of his lyrics, beautiful melodies and incredibly gifted band of musicians, that even young women swoon. Then, the song over, he straightens up, bows and doffs his fedora -- and he becomes an old man again. Until the next time he sings.












An extra fun party at Micky 'n Rarco's
. This was the family-free, alcohol friendly event that I purchased at the 2008 service auction.
































On their fifth anniversary, E & M renewed their vows, this time in the Catholic Church. Father Tom did the honors.































After the ceremony we had a fabulous brunch down in the Strip district in Pgh. After that, Bill & I walked around and took in the local color.



















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home